The Duncan Valley Electric Board of Directors announces the retirement of Mrs. Judy McKinley from her District 1 Board Director position. We wish Mrs. McKinley all the best and thank her for her years of dedicated service to Duncan Valley!
With Mrs. McKinley's relocation and retirement, a seat on the Board of Directors is now vacant and the remainder of her term, beginning the middle of January 2024 until the annual meeting in April 2025, will be filled, in accordance with the DVEC Bylaws, by the majority vote of the DVEC Board of Directors from a pool of candidates from District 1. District 1 is all certified area of the DVEC service territory in Greenlee County, AZ, north of Apache Creek and Walnut Canyon including York, Loma Linda, Verde Lee, Three Way, Greenlee Mountain Ranchettes, etc to Clifton, AZ, shown in pink on the map below.
If you wish to be considered as a candidate, the following qualifications must be met:
- Must be a member and bonafide resident of the district he/she represents in the area served by the cooperative (in this case, District 1), and willing and able to remain a member and resident throughout their term of service as a director.
- Able to attend regular monthly board meetings on the third Monday of each month (9:30AM), unless otherwise noted with plenty of notice.
- Able to attend Committee Meetings, as assigned by the Board President, to be scheduled throughout the year.
- Able to attend other Board and Cooperative related activities throughout the year.
- Willing and able to begin the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association approved director education program. Newly elected directors must complete the program before the end of their first full elected term, in the case of an appointment, time leniency will be granted as long as the program is started and worked on in good faith.
- Provide a letter of interest and a resume or curriculum vitae to DVEC CEO, Kassi Mortensen, to be received by close of business on January 9, 2024 via mail, email or hand delivery to:
Attn: Kassi Mortensen
PO Box 440
Duncan, AZ 85534
or Email: email@example.com
379597 AZ 75
Duncan, AZ 85534
Please feel free to contact CEO, Kassi Mortensen, with any questions at 928-359-2503.